Supplement Plan Advisors, Independent Medicare Broker
Contact Colleen F Vaneps
Schedule your free appointment Today!
We accomodate evening & weekend appointments
Colleen Makes Medicare Easy:
- Aging into Medicare? Medicare after Disability?
- How to Sign up for Medicare?
- Working Past Age 65?
- Comparing My Current Employers Health Insurance Plan to Medicare?
- Veterans Benefits and Medicare Supplements?
- Annual Medicare Review of Your Current Plans?
Call for your appointment today
Mon - Thur
9AM - 4PM
9AM - 12PM
- Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
- Medicare Advantage Insurance Plans
- Medicare Part D Rx Insurance Plans
- Health Insurance-Individual/Family
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Health Insurance
- Travel/Health Insurance
- MN State CE Instructor
- Referals to Trusted Financial Advisors and P&C Brokers
- Supplement Plan Advisors office in Rochester MN
- Licensed & Servicing in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Florida
About Colleen:Colleen is married to Mike, has 3 grown children, Aaron-MN, Katie-FL, and Seth-MN. She is a grandmother of 4 fantastic grandchildren, 2 boys, and 2 girls. Colleen’s hobbies include photography, flowers, painting, metal detecting with Mike, traveling, walks, and bonfires. When Colleen was a child her mother had her check on all the elderly grandmas near them weekly. Colleen learned to have a servant’s heart and it gives her life meaning to know she can help someone who is in need.
Who can help me in choosing my Medicare Health Insurance Supplement or Part D Rx Plan?
- That’s where Colleen F Vaneps your local broker at Supplement Plan Advisor’s Insurance Agency of Rochester, MN comes in! Medicare does not cover everything, so people get supplement insurance to cover what Medicare doesn’t. Colleen’s Health Insurance Agency will guide you when/how to apply for Medicare, which Medicare Health Insurance Plans fits your needs and budget. Colleen helps you to have a seamless transition to Medicare along with a Supplement Health Insurance Plan. Brokers; like me, make Medicare easier to navigate so you do not make a mistake. We do not charge fees to clients; you get knowledge and guidance at NO COST. We are paid commissions by the insurance carriers we represent but, being independent brokers, we work for you!
What is Medicare?
- Medicare is a federal health insurance program for:
- People who are 65 or older
- Certain younger people with disabilities (Social Security Disability Income-SSDI)
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant, sometimes called ESRD)
- Original Medicare comes in 2 parts (Parts A & B). The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) administers Medicare Parts A & B. CMS is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Part C-Medicare Advantage and Part D-Rx Coverage are also overseen by CMS.
When Will My Medicare Benefits Start?
- Your Medicare benefits usually start the 1st of your birth month. The exception is if your birthday is on the 1st of the month, then you will start Medicare the 1st day of the previous month. Medicare Part A and B start after the 24th month for people on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
How Do I Enroll in Medicare Part A and B?
- Our specialized Medicare health insurance agency of Rochester, MN can help guide you, so you do not make a mistake. If you are receiving Social Security benefits for at least 4 months before turning 65, you will be automatically enrolled in Parts A and B. Your card will be mailed to you approximately 90 days before your birth month. If you are not receiving your Social Security benefits, then you will want to apply for Medicare Part B benefits 90 days before you want your benefits to start.
What are the Parts of Medicare?
- Medicare Part A includes a 90-day coverage period for hospital stays, hospital inpatient surgery, medication, nursing care, food, and a semi-private room. This year (2020), the hospital deductible is $1,408 for days 1-60, days 61-90 have a $352 daily copay. The Part A Hospital deductible is a 60-day elimination deductible, not annual. Skilled Nursing Care is covered at $0 copay for the first 20 days, but days 21-100 cost $173 copay per day. It also covers Home Health and Hospice under certain conditions. If you have worked 10 years, you usually will not pay a premium for Part A.
- Medicare Part B includes coverage for medically necessary supplies and services, such as outpatient care, day surgery, hospital observation (up to 72 hours), ambulance services, durable medical equipment, labs, tests, procedures, chemotherapy, doctor office visits, and preventatives. There is a monthly premium associated with Part B and without supplemental coverage you will be responsible for 20% for the services named above. THIS IS THE PRIMARY REASON PEOPLE SELECT SUPPLEMENTAL COVERAGE. Part B premiums are based on your family’s income and start at $144.60 per month this year in 2020. The Part B yearly deductible is $198 in 2020.
- What is Medicare Advantage – Part C? Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called “Part C”, are plans sold through private insurance companies but overseen by Medicare CMS. Medicare Advantage plans overlay your Medicare Part A, B and D(Rx) benefits and administer your medical and drug plan. They become the primary payer instead of Original Medicare. You still pay your Medicare Part B premium, but you pay different costs and copays according to the plan choice. They are different from a Medicare Supplement. Your clinic or hospital will bill the Medicare Advantage Health plan, not Medicare. These are called an all-in-one plan because they include medical and drug coverage together. They add value such as health club memberships, dental, vision and hearing aids that original Medicare does not cover. You only need one card for medical and drug coverage.
- What is Medicare Part D Rx coverage? It is run by private insurance companies but overseen by Medicare. Premiums vary, has an annual $445 deductible(2021), Tiered Rx copays and covers up to $4130 in 2021. You typically pair a Part D Rx plan to a Medicare Supplement Medical Health plan.
Our main goal at Supplement Plan Advisors Agency is to help people like you! Nothing gives us more pleasure when we make our clients satisfied and can help educate them and save them money! We would love to sit down with you and find a plan to fit your budget and your lifestyle. Do not hesitate to contact us today!
The information contained on this web page is provided for educational and informational purposes only. While we have taken every precaution to ensure that the content of this page is current and accurate, errors can occur. Supplement Plan Advisors LLC assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this page.
Sources: Medicare.Gov & SSA.Gov